Top 10 Best Things about Autumn – includes a free printable!
Oh, Autumn! I love you and fear your arrival with equal measure! If summer has to end (why??), what better way than with clear days and cool nights?! The trees start to turn, the sunshine takes on that sparkling golden hue, and the air is crisp and invigorating. Autumn is a beautiful season. My only beef with Autumn is that it’s oh-so-short. It doesn’t last too long, does it? But, once again, it’s a good reminder to live in the present and enjoy what is here, now.
To celebrate Autumn and remind myself of all that is wonderful about Fall, I’ve compiled a very subjective list of the top 10 things I love about this short, colorful season. My list is in no particular order and you may or may not agree. That’s totally fine with me. If I missed your favorite, please comment below!
My Top 10 Autumn Favorite Things
- Relief from the summer heat. Yes, I love summer, but like anyone, the heat starts to wear on me. I still would rather have heat than snow, but sunny, crisp Autumn days are just awesome!
- Pumpkin everything season! Do. Not. Judge. Me. I love me some pumpkin shakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake and pumpkin pie, and what about pumpkin spiced nuts and pumpkin cream cheese? Pumpkin is my favorite squash and other than the odd butternut or spaghetti squash, the only one I really enjoy.
- Autumn Decorations. How about those pretty wreaths of fall berries and leaves? Or using the aforementioned pumpkin in a seasonal centerpiece? There are so many colorful ways to decorate with pretty fall decor, and the season goes by so quickly, that I never tire of Fall decorations.
- Colorful trees. Holy cow, is there anything more beautiful than orange, gold, and red leaf colors against deep evergreens? For a few short, glorious weeks every year, the mountainsides are brilliant with fall color. It is gorgeous and something I never get tired of seeing.
- Harvest. Oh, yeah. Apples, peaches, peppers, pumpkins, squash, and cucumbers. And zucchini. And zucchini. So many types of fresh fruit and vegetables are available in the fall. It’s just a great time to reap what you (or your local farmer) have sown.
- Fall clothes. I’m a bit of a clothes horse, and fall is a wonderful time for those of us who love to change up our outfits. The fall season always has lots of new fashions to try. Boots and scarves, jackets and layers. What’s not to love?
- Kids are back in school. Need I say more?
- Fall Activities. Between the corn mazes, hay rides, football games, pumpkin carving and Halloween parties, Autumn is just one big celebration. Whether you choose one activity or many, there is always something fun to do!
- Autumn food. The Fall season feels like the time to nest, and what better way to up the cozy factor than to whip up a pot of soup or stew, or try out that hot cider recipe?
- Creating Fall Printables! Ha! I love to create new printables and what better reason than a change of season!
Get your pretty Autumn Printable
Whatever your Autumn favorites happen to be, I hope you enjoy the season. To help, I’ve created a pretty free printable. You can get yours by clicking the button below.Download
While you’re here, sign up to receive updates and direct links to my newest free printables! Starting in October, subscribers will receive exclusive digital desktop images of each month’s printable. Don’t miss out!
P.S. Since October is right around the corner, here is a printable I made especially for that pretty Autumn month. Enjoy!
Related articles across the web